On 5/3/16 10:53 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
for feed, I guess, it is still in the menu

Hmm.  Where?

and you can put it back on the main bar

Ah, indeed. I guess we could try to do something where Gecko would report "feed" as supported if that button is on the toolbar, but that seems complicated.

and I suspect add-ons are still using it.

Again, seems like that would require that we only claim it to be supported if those addons are installed.

Also found
https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/modules/ContentLinkHandler.jsm#48

So this sends the "Link:AddFeed" message. Looks like this is what updates the state of that toolbar button.

Looking at this code, there's also similar handling for "search", right? Again, not sure whether that's exposed in the default UI.

I also wonder in addition of "icon" about "favicon".

I don't see anything we do with <link rel="favicon"> anywhere...

I don't think the browser does anything with "canonical" and "nofollow" (search
engines).

I believe that's right

fwiw
https://github.com/search?l=JavaScript&q=DOMTokenList&type=Repositories&utf8=%E2%9C%93

example
https://github.com/jwilsson/domtokenlist/blob/master/src/relList.js

Doesn't seem to matter in this case, because we already have relList on HTMLAnchorElement. I'm just adding another method to that DOMTokenList.

-Boris