Gabriela, I think in your case it works because you "Added" the other
accounts to your main account.

In general, if you open a gmail account and then try to open another,
unconnected gmail account in another tab, it opens the former again.

With containers, you will be able to open different, unconnected gmail
accounts in different containers (which is kind of cool IMHO!)