On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Gijs Kruitbosch
<gijskruitbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What about people not lucky enough to (regularly) work in an office,
> including but not limited to our large number of volunteers? Do we intend to
> set up something public for people to use?

By all accounts, the available distributed compilers aren't very good
at hiding latency. The build server needs to be on the local lan to
help much.

More generally, we have artifact builds for developers who don't need
the change C++ code, and there's some experiments happening to see if
the build can pull smaller pieces from the s3 build cache for those
who do.

 -r