On Wed, Jul 6, 2016, at 05:12 AM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Steve Fink <sf...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> > I work remotely, normally from my laptop, and I have a single (fairly
> > slow) desktop usable as a compile server.
>
> Gecko developers should have access to 8+ modern cores to compile Gecko.
> Full stop. The cores can be local (from a home office), on a machine in a
> data center you SSH or remote desktop into, or via a compiler farm (like
> IceCC running in an office).

I use my 4-core laptop for building as well... mainly because I found it
inconvenient to maintain development environment on multiple machines.
I've almost stopped writing patches in my personal MBP due to that.

That said, if I can distribute the build to other machines, I'll happily
buy a new desktop machine and use it as a compiler farm to boost the
build.

- Xidorn