Hi,

I occasionally check C-C TB by running |make mozmill| test suite under valgrind/memcheck for detecting memory issues.

I ran such a test the day before and saw a flurry of memcheck warnings which I did not see in the test that was run back on May 12th.

So in three months between, some memory errors were introduced.

I checked them briefly and saw many errors related to wrappers for getenv().
But I also saw some other issues which seemed rather disturbing.
I am tied with a big project with a day job and not sure if I can follow up on these issues in a timely manner before it is too late.

If anyone occasionally checks C-C TB or M-C FF using valgrind/memcheck by running xpcshell tests and mozmill test in the case of C-C TB), I urge such people to do the tests NOW so that we can figure out which patch sets introduced such memory issues before it becomes difficult to figure out the culprit.

To wit, the frequency and types of warnings from a partial log (partial since it takes more than 24 hours to run the test, I had to quit it halfway).

     12    Memcheck:Addr1
    284    Memcheck:Addr2
      4    Memcheck:Addr8
     39    Memcheck:Cond
      1    Memcheck:Param

The number at the beginning of the line is the frequency of appearance in the log. (But do note that there are different errors reported under the same heading, Memcheck:Addr2, for example. This is disturbing enough since usually a known false positive often reports only the same code path.

Yes, valgrind/memcheck can report false failures sometimes.
But this time, the warnings are varied enough and some did look
a problem like the access AFTER free (!) in one case. That should not be overlooked!!!

TIA

CI