On 23/09/2016 05:01, ishikawa wrote:
On 2016年09月23日 11:42, ishikawa wrote:

By changing a few install.rdf as suggested, the particular error messages
are gone, but
I now see different failures.

https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=try-comm-central&revision=de72a169065a2bbb7f69a0e5420992bfca5a77ec

I am testing other patches as well, the particular patch to modify
install.rdf is
https://hg.mozilla.org/try-comm-central/rev/a135ec33cb11

I will investigate more to see if the new errors are due to my changes or
a regression caused by a later change to M-C, etc.

The new errors are obviously related to my change.

inline void
CrashIfNotInAutomation()
{
    MOZ_RELEASE_ASSERT(IsInAutomation());
}

So where is CrashIfNotInAutomation() called?

Did you look at the IsInAutomation() function?

https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/f0e6cc6360213ba21fd98c887b55fce5c680df68/js/xpconnect/src/xpcpublic.h#606

That's clearly checking a preference that is expected for automation. Looking at the tree, it gets set to true for most (probably all) of the tests that Firefox runs:

https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/search?q=security.turn_off_all_security_so_that_viruses_can_take_over_this_computer&redirect=false

This probably means that the Thunderbird specific MozMill builders should either not be installing the special powers add-on (which I suspect is hard), or they should also be setting the pref to true.

I changed only these:

There's no need to include a full diff when you've already linked to it.

Mark.