On Thursday 2016-09-29 10:42 +0200, Ms2ger wrote:
> On 29/09/16 03:02, L. David Baron wrote:
> > The W3C is proposing a revised charter for:
> >
> >   Web Platform Working Group (formerly Web Applications WG & HTML WG)
> >   https://www.w3.org/2016/08/web-platform-charter-draft.html
> >   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2016Sep/0001.html
> >
> > Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments or objections through
> > this Friday, September 30.
> >
> > Please reply to this thread if you think there's something we should
> > say as part of this charter review, or if you think we should
> > support or oppose it.

> Given that (as I expected) the merger of the HTML WG with its profoundly
> dysfunctional processes into the productive WebApps WG created a
> completely useless WG, more focused on adding W3C logos to existing
> standards than doing actual work, my proposal is to disband this WG and
> move any remaining useful work to the WHATWG.

I don't think suggesting that would be particularly productive.

Also, has the quality of the work that was previously in Web Apps
degraded significantly?  (At least, more than would be expected as a
result of the departure of one of the Web Apps group's chairs?)  If
you think it has, how would you show that it has?

-David

--
๐„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   ๐„‚
๐„ข   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   ๐„‚