Things that would help me help with this endeavour:

1: A bug to file patches against
2: A method for detecting if our fix actually fixes the problem

I presume a skeleton of what we're looking for is:
1) Use DXR/ls -r/whatever to find the test file in the tree
2) On the line number(s) mentioned, replace the existing use of a CPOW with
something better. This may involve writing things in terms of ContentTask
(see documentation here[X]), or by simply finding a non-CPOW-using
alternative (like using browser.webNavigation.sessionHistory instead of
browser.sessionHistory)
3) Run the test to make sure it still passes using ./mach test
path/to/test.js
4) Write an informative commit message linking back to bug XXXX
5) Based on what kind of test it is, send it to try to make sure it isn't
broken on other platforms
6) <INSERT VALIDATION OF CPOW REMOVAL STEP HERE>
7) Get the patch reviewed on bug XXXX

Is this correct?

:chutten