On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 02:47:44PM -0500, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
> Please do not add any new CppUnitTests. With the pending removal of the
> XPCOM glue, CppUnitTests will fail to build and are no longer an option. We
> are currently porting current CppUnitTests to gtests, and if you are
> tempted to write a CppUnitTest, please write it as a gtest instead.

CppUnitTests are fine to keep. What we don't want is new GeckoProgram,
GeckoSimplePrograms or GeckoCppUnitTest.

One caveat from the current build system to keep in mind is that if
there is a GeckoSomething in the same directory as a CppUnitTest, then
the CppUnitTest is effectively a GeckoCppUnitTest.

Anyways, I think instead of relying on people reading this thread, we
should (and can) enforce it in code. I filed bug 1316450 to that effect.

Mike