Eric Rescorla wrote:

> I'm also concerned that this spec does not seem to take into account
> multipath or multihoming, both of which seem relevant here. Say that I have
> a device with both a cellular and WiFi link and I attempt to use both of
> them in some fashion (depending on the remote IP address), what should I be
> reporting for Network Connection?

Why does it matter to Firefox what network connection I use?  I would
understand Firefox needing telemetry on system specs and how it runs
against this spec, but network information?  Really?

I mean... what's wrong with:

Firefox: Can I connect to the Internet?

   Yes: Great. Proceed to connect.
   No:  Cannot connect.  Display message. Wait for user to fix issue.

Why does Firefox (or anyone other than me) CARE I have 1, 2, or a
billion network interfaces or what type they are?  Its job is to browse
the Internet.  THAT'S IT.  If Chrome wants to add it, that's their
business.

So, in conclusion, Firefox or, in fact, ANY browser, has NO business
knowing how many connections I have and what types they are.  Mobile
browsers should act just like desktop browser.  Can it connect to
the website?  Yes or No.