Bug 1322792 has landed on inbound, which changes configure to require
GCC 4.9 to build; our automation switched over to GCC 4.9 for our
Linux builds earlier this week.  (Android builds have been using GCC
4.9 for some time.)

This change paves the way for being able to compile in C++14 mode for
all of our Tier-1 platforms, which in turn unlocks using some C++14
features in our codebase:

* binary literals
* digit separators
* generic lambdas
* initialized lambda captures
* return type deduction (not quite sure if we want to use this feature widely)

We did not upgrade to GCC 5 for ABI compatibility reasons (GCC 5
changed the libstdc++ ABI); we did not upgrade to GCC 6 for the same
reason and because Gecko still has a few issues with GCC 6 (bug
1316555 tracks).

Thanks,
-Nathan