On Tuesday 2016-12-27 00:19 -0800, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 12/26/16 11:54 PM, ktecrami...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Spec(Link to standard)
> > --------
> > https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/coords.html#VectorEffects
>
> Is this a new SVG2 feature?
>
> How stable is the spec?  Are there any tests to test interop?
>
> Do we have any indications that any other browser plans to implement this?
> This is really most relevant for an intent to ship, but my impression of the
> SVG2 new-feature work is that there is fairly limited buy-in from
> implementors for most of it, and thus a high risk of no one except us ever
> implementing this, at which point it wouldn't be obvious that we want to
> ship this.  So there's a fair risk of implementation of such new-feature
> work from SVG2 being wasted time.

Does this change any invariants that we depend on in terms of how
SVG images with a viewBox respond to size changes by scaling?

Is it well defined how this interacts with all the ways in which SVG
is used, e.g., as content within an HTML document, as a standalone
file referenced via iframe or object, as a standalone file
referenced via image, when used as a background-image or
border-image, etc.?

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,