On 1/6/17 2:34 PM, Bill McCloskey wrote:
Are in-thread worklets a thing?

Unclear.

The spec is agnostic on where worklets run. I know Chrome was running some of them in-thread (but not the details). For us, it's basically an implementation decision.

The patch that allows tab switch painting
while content JS runs isn't going to be backed out. If the tab switch
paints allow JS to run, and that JS is from the same context as the content
JS that was interrupted, then that would be bad.

What does "same context" mean here? An in-thread worklet would be same-JSContext/JSRuntime/whatever, but different-global and shared-nothing (at least observably from JS) with any web pages.

Is the badness you refer to page-observable JS-level reentry, or something deeper in our engine internals? Because the former is not an issue with worklets, I expect.

-Boris