* Including a special-case check for the name Raanana when enumerating
> the system fonts

My preference as well, though I'm not convinced it's worth doing.

The Wikipedia page for the city of Ra'anana [0] marks up the city's Hebrew
name as:

BibLit', 'SBL Hebrew', 'David CLM', 'Frenk Ruehl CLM', 'Hadasim CLM',
Cardo, Shofar, David, 'Ezra SIL', 'Ezra SIL SR', 'Noto Sans Hebrew',
FreeSerif, 'Times New Roman', FreeSans, Arial;" dir="rtl">רַעֲנָנָה</span>‎

The Hebrew version [1] doesn't specify Hebrew fonts at all.

I often use Wikipedia as my unusual font reference site, though it's
certainly not exhaustive. Then again, if there's one place to use the
רַעֲנָנָה font, it would be in רַעֲנָנָה :-)

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra'anana
[1] https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%A8%D7%A2%D7%A0%D7%A0%D7%94