Hi,

It seems like the MANIFEST.json for web platform tests now includes a
checksum of test file contents. As a result, if you run './mach
web-platform-tests --manifest-update yer' on a clean checkout of m-c
you're likely to get a bunch of changes to MANIFEST.json showing up.

Should we be requiring people to update the MANIFEST.json whenever
they touch a file in testing/web-platform/tests (i.e. not just when
they add/remove files)?

(Currently when creating a patch queue that adds/removes files from
web-platform-tests my workflow involves first creating a base patch to
include all the checksum changes to m-c that haven't been added to
MANIFEST.json (so they don't show up in later patches in the series
when I need to run --manifest-update), regenerating that patch
whenever I rebase, and dropping it when I land the patch queue.
Probably I'm doing something wrong, however.)

Brian