On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 05:40:32AM -0800, bird.freudent...@googlemail.com wrote:
Unfortunately I'm using this approach to bundle my themes with an extension that extends capability to them. I'm wondering why to remove this feature at this point of development, since for Firefox 57 upwards XUL based addons will not work anymore.

The UI and back-end changes that we needed to make for the new add-on install flows were not compatible with the multi-extension install flows of multi-package XPIs and multi-install InstallTrigger calls. We had to make the decision between putting a lot of extra design and engineering work into supporting that feature, or dropping it. In the end, after determining that both features are very rarely used at this point, and don't have many compelling use cases, we decided on the latter.

-Kris