This is just a rough number of how many pushes had a backout and how many
didn't. I don't have any data on whether this is a full or partial backout.

If there are multiple bugs in a push on inbound, a sheriff may revert the
entire push (or might not depending on how obvious the error is and
availability of the person pushing.)

As jmaher pointed out, and so did you, pushes are more succinct on autoland
which could be mean its simpler to know what to revert. Other than doing
some A/B testing to prove the hypothesis of the sheriffs in this thread, a
lot of the data is going to be anecdotal as to why there is a difference.

David