I second Jeff's point about building with icecream[1]. If you work in
an office with a build farm, or near a fast desktop machine you can
pass jobs to, this makes laptop builds much more tolerable. Despite
the warnings on the mdn page, I do this over the wan as well. It's a
lot slower than when I'm in the office, but still a lot faster than a
local-only build.

There's also a proposal to pull from the continuous integration build
cache[2]. That doesn't work yet though.

 -r

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Using_Icecream