On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 10:24 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 3/15/17 3:26 PM, Botond Ballo wrote:
>>
>> What will happen to WebExtension Experiments once these APIs start
>> being removed? My understanding is that WebExtension Experiments use
>> the same XPCOM APIs as XUL addons.
>

> We shouldn't be removing APIs that have no alternative.

In some cases there's an alternative, but the legacy dependencies are
turtles all the way down.

What's the current outlook on letting chrome JS read ArrayBuffers as
opposed to JS strings where the high 8 bits are zero and the low 8
bits are the byte values from XPCOM streams? (Or letting chrome JS
access things that are currently exposed as XPCOM streams via some
other thing that exposes bytes as ArrayBuffers?)

It would be good to remove nsIScriptableUConv, nsIConverterInputStream
and nsIConverterOutputStream sooner than later and let chrome JS use
TextDecoder like Web JS.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@hsivonen.fi