I'd like to add to this a reminder that commit messages should describe
the _change_ and not the _symptom_. In other words, "Bug XYZ: Crash at
Foo::Bar" is not a good summary.

This is implied by what Boris said, but I've seen enough of these on my
pulsebot backscroll that it's worth mentioning explicitly.

Thanks!