So I haven't thought through this proposal in detail, but I worry it
has concerns for SOP. One of the big pushes in the Web Crypto group
was to enable the web to talk to SIM cards and PIV cards and related
secure elements. But these SEs had no notion of an origin and thus
could let the user be easily tricked into disclosing cross-origin
data. (and were were easily co-opted to provide cross-origin tracking
and data exchange.)

This _feels_ like a very similar situation. But perhaps this is not
actually this IG, and is what's being (or not being) done by the TV
Control Working Group...

-tom