>From what I can tell, if I click inside a webpage, the event starts out
in chrome and then propagates down into content. I assume there's some
sort of magic happening in the message manager that pushes the event
across process boundaries. However, I can't figure out how to create my
own event in chrome and have it propagate down into content. Is there
any code/documentation I should be looking at to figure out how to do this?

If you're wondering why I want to know about this, read on; otherwise,
you can stop here.

I'm working on a Firefox add-on for mouse gestures and as part of this I
need to delay the opening of the context menu on Linux to occur on
mouseup rather than mousedown. I do this by swallowing the original
contextmenu event with .preventDefault()/.stopPropagation(). Then on
mouseup, I synthesize my own contextmenu event. This works fine when
clicking on something in chrome, but no context menu pops up if I click
on something in content.

- Jim