I assume this was integrated with OrangeFactor?

That is the only way I know to determine whether an intermittent
failure has occurred, because failures are not necessarily
reported to bugzilla.

Is there a mechanism for tracking a failure that we intend to
addresss, even when it does not fail every 21 days?

Would that be filing another bug without the intermittent-failure
keyword?