On Friday, 25 August 2017 20:58:06 UTC+5:30, Myk Melez  wrote:
> > Manish <mailto:manishjhanwa...@gmail.com>
> > 2017 August 21 at 23:53
> > from where can I find the latest firefox SDK version for all the
> > platforms eg: windows, linux and mac. Second can the directory
> > structure remains the same as earlier like for xulrunner.
> There isn't a Firefox SDK, as Mozilla decided to stop supporting the
> embedding use cases that were previously supported by XULRunner.
>
> However, Firefox continues to ship a "private XULRunner" that other
> applications can access via its --app command-line flag, which means
> that you can run a XUL application on a system with Firefox via
> /path/to/firefox --app /path/to/application.ini.
>
> That also means that you could technically repurpose a Firefox
> distribution to serve as your application's distribution by replacing
> its application.ini and other application/branding files with your
> application's files. The experimental qbrt project
> <https://github.com/mozilla/qbrt> does this.
>
> Note that these approaches aren't officially supported. However, the
> --app flag has been present in Firefox for a long time, and I'm not
> aware of any plans to remove it.
>
> -myk

Thanks Myk

But I am bit confuse here. If we go by this way

/path/to/firefox --app /path/to/application.ini.

First there may be a possibility that Firefox is not installed and if it is
installed and someone updates the firefox to latest version and the max ver.
defined under application.ini is the older one, then the application won't
start and will through the version mismatch alert.

Isn't there any method or terms defined where I can ship the firefox directory
in the application folder rather than re-brading it or should we by default set
the max version in application.ini to a higher value i.e 99 or if you can
suggest any other way.

Also if we can ship firefox directory in the application folder "-app" thing
will always work with the last firefox version supported.

Any help will be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Manish