Hi,
I work on Chrome Web Platform and we just shipped an API for detecting
Device Memory:
header
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/8qlTjzRY9Mc/BYCuqWJXBwAJ>
and JS API
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/MFBsNZCkotU/heK7JapxAgAJ>
.
Boris expressed privacy concern with the API and suggested starting a
thread here to get some concrete feedback. We would love to get this
feedback and are open to updating the header and API as it would be great
to get FF behind this API.
(It's not too late to update this, larger adoption is gated on
Accept-CH-Lifetime
header
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/QHI3sio6--Q/v_zWX1O6AAAJ>
which would enable sending the CH header on the first request)

Sincerely,
Shubhie

PS: As an aside, we discussed the API in the Web Perf WG but unfortunately
Mozilla is not currently participating in the WG and we'd love to address
that going forward.