On Thu, Sep 21, 2017, at 08:51 PM, Masayuki Nakano wrote:
> I'd like to get pretty stack trance which shows method names rather than
> only address with tryserver build on Linux. However,
> nsTraceRefcnt::WalkTheStack() cannot get method names on Linux as you
> know.
>
> The reason why I need to get it is, I have a bug report which depends on
> the environment and I cannot reproduce it on my any environments.
> Therefore, I'd like the reporter to log the stack trace when it occurs
> with MOZ_LOG.
>
> My questions are, how to or is it possible to get pretty stack trace on
> Linux with MOZ_LOG? And/or do you have better idea to get similar
> information to check which path causes a bug.
>
> If it's impossible, I'll create a tryserver build with each ancestor
> caller logs the path, though.

Hi Masayuki,

Our test harnesses accomplish this by piping the output of Firefox
through one of the stack fixing scripts in tools/rb[1].
fix_linux_stack.py uses addr2line, which should at least give you
function symbols on Nightly. You could use my GDB symbol server
script[2] to fetch the actual debug symbols from the symbol server if
you want full source line information.

Regards,
-Ted

1. https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/tools/rb