I use #developers for two things:

1. I prefer to keep my discussions in smaller topic channels, but for my
sanity I also try to keep my channel list small. There is a large set of
people whom I ping roughly once a month and can't be bothered matching
channels with. #developers is my "lowest common denominator" for talking to
those people.

2. To cast the widest possible net for immediate help with some sudden
roadblock or unfamiliar tool etc.

I don't really care whether pulsebot gets moved, but it won't change my use
of #developers.