On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:24 AM, James Graham <ja...@hoppipolla.co.uk>
wrote:

> Are the web-platform-tests going to be done before we ship?

I hope so, though as-of-now no one from Mozilla is contributing to the
web-platform-tests [1]. Originally some FIDO Alliance-associated folk were
going to take the lead on them, but I've not been tracking it.

> For my information, what was missing from wpt that meant you had to write
> mochitests? (I don't doubt that there are good reasons, it's just
> understanding what they are helps shape future work).

I think most everything except the tests for tab-switch and maybe some of
the more exotic cross-origin behaviors can move to web-platform-tests, and
I hope that our existing mochitest logic can be mostly ported over there.
The only reason for not doing these as web-platform-tests to begin with was
cross-company communication inefficiencies. I fully expect this to be
remedied in 2018.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/webauthn