On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:52 AM, Blair MacIntyre <bmacint...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I was more concerned about the idea (or, at least what I though might be
> suggested) that you only get orientation if they give location permission.
> This seems overkill:  even if I know what the data means, I can see uses of
> orientation that I’d be comfortable with but that I wouldn’t be comfortable
> giving my geolocation.  that’s all I was talking about.

I guess that someone needs to work out how to control access to
orientation without invoking that prompt then.  I think that we could
easily give access to orientation with geolocation, but I can see that
there are plenty of cases for orientation *without* geolocation.
Could we explore the gross movement idea some more?