We have three categories of solutions suggested here:
- Throttling
- An explicit gesture to approve using the API
- A prompt

We might be able to do some/all of those depending on the situation. Is
there anything else I have missed that has been suggested?

I honestly would like to request we do some user studies on different
content strings for prompts and see if users understand the risks.
Prompts are a UX pattern that are convention already, inventing new ones
will take more experimenting to perfect. So if we can find the right
content where users understand some of the time, this is better than not
giving users the ability to ever understand where their data is going.

Thanks