On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:10:35PM -0800, Bobby Holley wrote:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Kris Maglione <kmagli...@mozilla.com>
wrote:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 05:12:37PM +0100, Tom Schuster wrote:
This could be an issue for WebExtensions as well. I think the
contentscript
sandbox runs in a different compartment.

It runs in a different compartment, but the DOM constructors it has access
to come from the same content window as the nodes it would be checking, so
this isn't an issue.

Oh, I guess Xrays behavior would be unaffected by Cameron's proposal.
Ignore my previous message.

Right, as long as both the node that's being checked and the constructor have X-ray wrappers, they work as expected without isinstance hooks (albeit much more slowly).

It might change the behavior when checking a non-X-rayed node against an X-rayed constructor, or vice versa, though. Hopefully people aren't relying on that.