On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 09:36:15AM -0700, J.C. Jones wrote:
> The only big U2F property I am familiar with that our support doesn't
> function for is Google Accounts, but I'm sure there are others. (It'd be
> interesting to get a list. I'll take that to a different thread, though)

I've spend some time trying to figure out some of the problems.

u2f-host pointed out that it couldn't find any U2F device. strace
showed it tried to open /dev/hidraw* and I needed to give myself
write access to that file. After fixing that most things started
to work. It seems that chromium also stopped working and also
needed that permission change.

I was under the impression that
/lib/udev/rules.d/70-debian-uaccess.rules (part of the udev
package) should have fixed those permissions for me, and that that
used to work correctly. In stable I do get the correct
permissions.

The only other site I can't get working is facebook.

> Kurt - So the webauthn support isn't working on Linux for you? The only
> dependency is libudev, but there may be a hid profile somewhere needed. At
> least one person on IRC reported that it didn't work on arch until
> installing pcscd- but it was clearly something in the dependency tree, not
> pcscd itself. If you find the answer, let me know... We need to nail that
> down for the release notes.

I already had pcscd installed.

Kurt