Hi Jonathan,

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 1:16:42 PM UTC+2, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> (Note that Blink also hasn't fully implemented this, at least judging by
> testing of Chrome stable: they have done the CSS parsing extensions, but
> not hooked it up to the rendering side. Maybe that's in Canary by now?
> Anyhow, just a data point that supports doing a gradual roll-out of the
> feature, starting with font-variation-settings, which is the most basic
> piece of support.)

font-{weight,stretch,style} are parsed and hooked up to the variable fonts
rasterization backend since we initially shipped OpenType Variations in M62. I
implemented this in Blink, so if you are observing any issues, mind sharing
them? I'd be happy to take a look.

We do ship our own FreeType on Linux and Android, so we have support for
Variations there independent of system FreeType. On Windows, it's done through
FreeType and available everywhere. On Mac we use FreeType for Mac OS < 10.12.

Dominik