Do we have a heuristic for when to /not/ include something from HTML in SVG?

More or less, these additions to SVG just strike me as having solid
potential risk (for both spec-interaction and implementation bugs) and
negligible upside. Do we have people asking for this?

Are there privacy concerns from embedding pings (et al) in images? I
suppose we better have been handling CORS requests from within SVGs
properly already, so it should Just Work?