A couple of comments:

One thing I'm missing is the ability to do mono-repo imports. Say we want to vendor in https://github.com/projectfluent/fluent.js/tree/master/fluent-gecko.

For js libraries, we might also want to pay attention to .npmignore (others already mentioned hg, so also .hgignore).

There's no spec what happens with patches that fail to apply, or failed run_after scripts.

Do we intend to do something if the LICENSE changes? Also, what are we supposed to do if the vendored code doesn't have a LICENSE file?

Axel