On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 04:08:27PM -0700, Andrew McCreight wrote:
A few years ago I came up with an approach for using a combination of cycle
collector logs and DMD (which tracks all live blocks of heap allocated
memory) to investigate leaks of refcounted objects. I've only had to use it
about a half dozen times (most recently in bug 1451985), but it is very
handy when you have no other ideas. I think it is an easier-to-use
alternative to refcount logging in most situations.

Awesome. Thanks.

Whenever I've had to resort to refcount logging to find a leak, I've ended the day with a headache. The next time I have the occasion to use this, I will probably owe you a bottle of Scotch.