On 5/11/18 12:16 PM, Anthony Jones wrote:
On Friday, 11 May 2018 21:14:21 UTC+12, Sylvestre Ledru  wrote:
Do we have a list of blockers (or meta bug) to make the switch on Linux?
We're already using clang for ASAN builds on Linux and passing tests. We'll
want to switch to clang on Linux pretty soon after getting it running on
Windows, it not at the same time. Once we have cross language inlining (through
LTO), we can save a lot of complexity by relying on it for performance.

We're making good progress on Windows but I don't have a timeline because of
dependencies on third parties.

Note that we have at least one dependency on keeping gcc working: the JavaScript GC rooting hazard static analysis. The first layer uses a gcc plugin and is very tied to the internal gcc data structures. Rewriting it for clang should be possible, but is not currently scheduled and would likely be a multiple month project.