I agree with the sentiment in the write-up, that ideally beginner 2d
graphics needs are better handled by improving library/packaging
support, not by importing (and speccing??) an ancient library. For
instance in JS, people are more likely to pull in a library (of many)
to help with graphing, despite the availability of a standard 2D
drawing API.