On 6/26/18 12:45 AM, L. David Baron wrote:
What's the relative value of making something not use xpidl anymore
vs. marking an xpidl interface as no longer [scriptable]?

I think the main value is in not using xpidl anymore, for two reasons:

1) You can't devirtualize things while still using xpidl. Removing xpidl bits means your objects might get smaller (fewer vtable pointers), our relocatable data gets smaller (fewer vtables), and runtime likely gets faster.

2) It's hard to get sane C++ method signatures while using xpidl. You _can_ do it with [notxpcom,nostdcall] and enought native-type declaration. But it requires some hoop-jumping. And at that point what's the benefit of using xpidl for it?

-Boris