On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Geoff Lankow <ge...@darktrojan.net> wrote:

> On comm-central we have a number of extensions that get built alongside
> everything else, but are not shipped. (That is, building produces a .xpi
> file in objdir/dist/xpi-stage.) I'd like to be able to have them uploaded
> as build artefacts so they are available to download by testers (both human
> and machine). I also need to tell the test machines about them so tests can
> be run.
>
> Can anyone advise me how I might go about doing this?

For Firefox builds, if you put a file in/builds/worker/artifacts/ (Linux)
or public/build (Windows) (relative to task directory), it will
automatically get uploaded as an artifact. From the context of the Firefox
build system, I believe UPLOAD_PATH will be set and it will point to this
directory. Although this logic has changed a bit and my knowledge may be
slightly out of date.

For obtaining artifacts from a previous task, there are a handful of
solutions.

For tasks using `run-task`, USE_ARTIFACT_URLS and USE_ARTIFACT_PATH can be
set to cause artifacts to be fetched automatically. In Taskgraph YAML, you
define "use-artifacts" and just give the filename of the artifact you want
to fetch. e.g.
https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/taskcluster/ci/source-test/python.yml#67
.

We also have "fetch" tasks and the `fetch-content` script. But these aren't
ubiquitous yet.

And I'm not sure how to best accomplish artifact fetching for non-run-task
tasks (e.g. a lot of Windows and macOS tasks). This area of the CI code
could use some love. ahal, myself, and others have been beating around the
bushes attempting to solve it. Consider pinging ahal or me privately if you
have follow-up questions.