On 7/10/18 11:47 AM, James Graham wrote:
Are there web-platform-tests covering this behaviour (both the part we are changing and the part we aren't)?

I added some tests in bug 820891. See the three testing/web-platform/tests/css/cssom-view/table-*-props.html tests.

There was also a tiny little bit of coverage in testing/web-platform/meta/css/css-tables/width-distribution/computing-table-width-0.html that we now no longer fail.

I'm not sure whether there is coverage for getBoundingClientRect/getClientRects on tables.

In general, test coverage for cssom-view is terrible. For example, apart from the tests I just added, the only test we have for offsetWidth is testing/web-platform/tests/css/cssom-view/htmlelement-offset-width-001.html which is clearly buggy (e.g. assets that an element is not equal to 0, which is going to be true, sure) and basically just tests that offsetWidth on an empty div or a div with no box is 0. There is no testing of offsetWidth for any of the interesting cases (interesting box-sizing, fieldsets, non-blocks, etc, etc).

-Boris