On Thursday, 12 July 2018 15:50:40 UTC+12, halivi...@gmail.com  wrote:
> I hope that both Firefox and Chrome continue to keep the build and tests
> running on MSVC. It would suck if for example we can't build Firefox with
> MSVC.

I can't comment on Chrome.

> Will the Firefox team publish builds of Firefox from both MSVC and Clang with
> symbols so we can profile ourselves and compare which is faster for the
> webpages we use?

The MSVC nightly builds will likely continue until we fully commit to clang-cl.
It is expensive to maintain MSVC workarounds and given that cross-language
LTO[1] is compelling for Firefox, it is unlikely we'd return to MSVC.

Anthony

[1] https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/49879