To follow up on some previous threads, here is the plan for deprecating,
archiving, and decommissioning MozReview.

The MozReview shutdown deadline is approaching. Although enhanced
commit-series support is still in progress (see update below), MozReview
users should start familiarizing themselves with Phabricator now. We have a
guide specifically for MozReview users to ease the transition (which will
be updated when the commit-series work is finalized):
https://moz-conduit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/mozreview-migration-guide.html

From August 6 to August 20, use of MozReview will be restricted to updates
to existing reviews. In other words, review cycles in progress will be
given until August 20 to be completed, but no new commit series will be
permitted.

On August 20, we will remove public access to MozReview and archive
patches. Every landed, in-progress, and abandoned patch will be downloaded
from MozReview and stored in an S3 bucket. The “stub attachments” in
Bugzilla that currently redirect to MozReview will be updated to link to
the appropriate S3 bucket. Review flags and bug comments will be preserved.

After archiving is complete and verified, the MozReview servers will be
decommissioned.

We will also be writing a simple redirection service to map specific
MozReview reviews to associated BMO comments, review requests to associated
bugs, and review-request diffs to the appropriate S3 buckets. This service
will be up shortly after MozReview is decommissioned.

We realize and apologize that this is a fairly short timeline; however, the
current location of the MozReview servers is in the process of being shut
down, and thus it is urgent that we decommission this service soon to allow
an orderly exit.

As for enhanced support for series of commits in Phabricator, the new
command-line interface to submit, update, and apply series (bug 1471678) is
currently in review. The first release will support Mercurial only, but
git-cinnabar support will follow shortly (the code is designed with it in
mind). Work on series support in Lando (bug 1457525) is progressing; we
will be posting screenshots of the new UI shortly. It should be ready in
2-3 weeks.

Please note that we eventually plan to decommission Splinter as well;
however, we know we need some time to work out the kinks in Phabricator.
Splinter will remain operational near-term, but we ask everybody to
familiarize themselves with Phabricator and file bugs when things don't
work. *Please do not wait for Splinter EOL to try Phabricator; we need your
feedback before then in order to act on it.*

Mark