On 8/6/18 5:37 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
enable by default changeType method on MediaSource’s Source Buffer

To be clear, this is enabling by default on all channels, right?

The method has been availably since 61 behind the preference
media.mediasource.experimental.enabled

But not default-enabled anywhere, so not much tested?

How stable is the spec?

What is the status of implementation or interest in other browsers?

What is the status of interest from authors?

Put another way, if we thought this was a safe change why did we have it off by default to start with? Were there substantive changes to the code since 61 that prevented us from enabling by default before now?

-Boris