Hi all,

On August 23, we will be merging Firefox 63 from mozilla-central to beta
for the first time. In order to avoid invalidating the testing we get
out of late Nightly and the early Developer Edition builds and to ensure
that we can roll out Beta 63 to a wider audience with confidence, we'd
like to ask that any risky changes be avoided from August 23 until after
the version bump to 64 on September 4th.

Some reminders for the soft code freeze period:

Do:
- Be ready to backout patches that cause crash spikes, new crashes,
severe regressions
- Monitor new regressions and escalate merge blockers
- Support release management by prioritizing fixing of merge blockers

Do Not:
- Land a risky patch or a large patch
- Land new features (that affects the current Nightly version) — be
mindful that code behind NIGHTLY_BUILD or RELEASE_OR_BETA ifdefs can
lead to unexpected CI results
- Flip prefs that enable new Features that were untested in Nightly cycle
- Plan to kick off new experiments that might impact a feature's merge
readiness

Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks,

Release Management Team

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/Release_Process#Nightly_soft_code_freeze