Hello all,

In order to unblock sandboxing of the GPU process and efforts to re-enable
macOS WebVR support, we are moving the VR device interfacing code to its own
“VR Service” process.  This process will only be launched when a user accesses
a WebVR site.

The bugs to enable this by default will flip two prefs:

Bug 1476092 (Enable the VR process by default)
Bug 1473399 (Enable VRService thread by default)

This change will not affect the WebVR API or otherwise be user facing.

I expect to flip these prefs before the upcoming soft-freeze (2018-08-23).

Any feedback is welcome, thanks!

Cheers,

  *   Kearwood “Kip” Gilbert