On 09/19/2018 08:34 PM, Nicholas Alexander wrote:
   2.

   Making the main browser window be an HTML document with (mostly) HTML
   DOM elements instead of a XUL document with (mostly) XUL DOM elements.

It is still mystery to me how the performance can be anywhere close to XUL when
starting browser or opening a new window.
XUL's prototype cache was explicitly added because of performance long ago.
That is why we need to only load already parsed document in a binary format,
or in case of new window, just clone from the prototype.
Last time I heard, moving to use HTML document does cause significant
regressions.

-Olli