Hi,

today I wanted to authenticate a PROPFIND against
https://contacts.icloud.com

which returns the following WWW-Authentication header:
WWW-Authenticate: X-MobileMe-AuthToken realm="Newcastle", Basic
realm="Newcastle"

Usually, on a fresh/new connection, nsIHttpChannel will first do an
unauthenticated request, get the auth methods to pick one, call promptAuth
callback to ask for password and then initiate a second request to try to
actually authenticate.

However, it looks like, nsIHttpChannel is not calling promptAuth and is not
doing that second request. As if the there is no valid auth method returned by
the server.

I replicated that WWW-Authentication header on one of my own servers,
reproduced the findings and than removed the X-MobileMe-AuthToken from the
allowed methods (so just sending Basic) and tried again to connect and this
time it went through as expected.

Is this a bug?