On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 8:44 AM Honza Bambas <hbam...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> OTOH, if the changes are only whitespace changes, maybe there is some
> way `patch --ignore-whitespace --fuzz N` could apply the patches.  Then
> just re-format and your patches are OK.

The changes that clang-format makes include things like moving a { to a
different line, which I believe ignore-whitespace doesn't recognize as a
whitespace only change, because it is across multiple lines, and things
like reflowing comment blocks to reduce their width to 80 characters, which
of course will also not be counted as whitespace only.

Andrew