On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 5:51 AM Kris Maglione <kmagli...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> To begin with, the weirdness of our JSM scopes makes a fair amount of our
> system code un-JITtable, which should be enough on its own.

In case people are wondering: un-JITtable applies to Ion, the optimizing
JIT. The Baseline JIT is able to compile all chrome code. That said,
Baseline is also affected by the performance issues here because our inline
caches don't optimize the 'special' environment objects that are currently
used for JSMs, so accessing global variables is much slower than in content
code.

Many thanks to Kris and others for working on this. Making our chrome and
content environments more similar means chrome code will benefit from all
the optimization work we do for content code and ES6 modules.

Jan